If you are either an MBA aspirant or MBA graduate and you find yourself overwhelmed with a lot of work, a lot of things to do, a lot of information overload, where you can’t focus on a single thing till completion , you tend to get distracted a lot.
If you find yourself in this situation and you tend to get stressed out and you are finding your way out from this terrible mess, you are at the right place at the right time.
Because I am going to discuss a technique which will help you get out of this mess pretty quickly and you will be able to take on other major responsibilities in your life.
After reading this and applying these simple techniques you will find yourself
- In much relaxed state
- Completing work much faster and efficiently
- No more stress or relatively lesser stress
- Complete control of the situation
So without further ado, let’s dive into it.
This technique is invented by Francesco Cirillo. It relies on the concept of Timboxing and Incremental Development.
“Pomodoro” is the name given after the Italian word for “Tomato” . However, a normal cellphone or an Alarm clock can be used to keep track of time.
The process is very simple.
- Identify the list of tasks/projects to be completed.
- Set 25 minute timer for Task A.
- Work only on Task A for 25 minutes , after which you have to take a 5 minute break.
- Continue to work on Task A (if the task is incomplete) or with another new task for 25 minutes. To repeat the cycle with 5 minute break.
- For every 4 cycles, the 5 minute break becomes a 25 minute break. In this longer break, you can grab a drink or healthy snacks,check emails or return calls etc.
The Pomodoro Technique compels you to crank through tasks or projects by strictly adhering to the time cycles.
Allowing your task to spread over too many cycles causes frustration so you will find more effective ways of tackling tasks or projects.
The frequent short breaks in between the cycles keep your mind focused and refreshed.
But to make it work, discipline is a critical factor in the success of implementation.
I am providing you with the link to download the Pomodoro Technique Chart for free.
Save it in your PC or take a print out and use it every single day.
I will talk about this technique in more detail in my next post, till then stay tuned.
Comment below to let me know how did you benefit using this simple strategy.
Latest posts by Sukrut (see all)
- 10 Steps Towards Building a RESUME B-Schools would love - March 4, 2017
- How to Choose Right B-School without in(wasting) lot of money ? - August 22, 2015
- Aravindh P G Shares his CAT 2014 Success Story - June 7, 2015