This post is about something very unique. We are going to discuss about no. 2 enemy of success. No. 1 is procrastination. But procrastination stems from this. Now I will not keep suspense for a longer time. I will let CAT out of the bag.
Whether you are preparing for MBA entrance or preparing for GD/PI or studying MBA or working at J.O.B. or you want to start your own venture or you are already started it or you are successfully running it. You are going to face this enemy.
This enemy is called “Resistance”
While reading this, there’s a very good chance you’ll come face to face with your own worst personal enemy. Now’s the time to wuss out if that’s not something you’re ready to conquer….
The following is a list of those activities that most commonly elicit Resistance:
1) The pursuit of any calling in writing, painting, music, film, dance, or any creative art
2) The launching of any entrepreneurial venture or enterprise for profit otherwise.
3) Any diet or health regimen.
4) Any program of spiritual advancement.
5) Any activity whose aim is reduce weight
6) Any course or program designed to overcome habit or addiction.
7) Education of all types
8) The taking of a stand in the face of adversity.
In other words, any act that rejects immediate gratification in favor of long-term growth, health, or integrity or any act that derives from our higher nature instead of our lower. Any of these will elicit Resistance.
Resistance is invisible.Resistance cannot be seen, touched, heard, or smelled. But it can be felt.It’s a repelling force. It’s negative. It’s aim is to shove us away,distract us, prevent us from doing our work.
Resistance is internal.Resistance seems to come from outside ourselves. We locate it in spouses, jobs, bosses, kids. Resistance arises from within. It is self-generated and self-perpetuated. Resistance is the enemy within.
Resistance will tell you anything to keep you from doing your work.It will perjure, fabricate, falsify; seduce, bully, cajole. It will assume any form to deceive you. It will give you all logical answers.
Resistance has no conscience. Resistance is always lying and always full of B.S.
Rule of thumb: The more important a call or action is to our personal growth and development, the more resistance we will feel toward pursuing it.
“Whatever you resist, persists.”
Resistance is universal.We’re wrong if we think we’re the only ones struggling with Resistance.Everyone who has a body experiences Resistance.
Resistance never sleeps.The battle has to be fought on a daily basis.
I’ve written too much that it’s putting so much resistance on my fingers so I will put concluding part after a few days. Till then enjoy.
You may read concluding part here.
Latest posts by Sukrut (see all)
- 10 Steps Towards Building a RESUME B-Schools would love - March 4, 2017
- How to Choose Right B-School without in(wasting) lot of money ? - August 22, 2015
- Aravindh P G Shares his CAT 2014 Success Story - June 7, 2015