The MAY venture of MAT is up on 5th of this month. We expect all aspirants to be done with their set of preparations.
MAT is an entrance exam organized by AIMA, is a gateway for admissions to distinguished management colleges of India. There are a few good colleges which you can consider to enroll through your MAT score. Few of them are Christ (Bangalore) , ITM (Navi Mumbai) , SIES (Mumbai) , BIMM (Pune) and, JIMS (Delhi).
Since, MAT conducts its exams four times a year, the list of B-schools participating in it keeps on changing. You can check the institutes participating in this exam here MAY 2013 MAT List of institutes
For more insights on MAT, read our previous article on MAT
Many other MAT prep websites claim that it’s very tough to clear the MAT entrance and requires a lot of effort, but with right planning it isn’t the same.
MAT is in fact very easy to clear; all you have to do is unveil the hidden things. Here are some MBA ka keeda tips which will help you out in your MAT:
1) A great myth associated with MAT that it has sectional cut off, but in reality MAT doesn’t have any sectional cutoff. This means that if you are lacking performance in let’s say English section you can easily compensate it by performing better in quant section.
2) MAT is time based exam in which you have got 200 questions to solve in about 150 minutes which is practically impossible unless you are a super pro. Just remember nobody can solve all 200 questions in given time frame, so you should have the ability to pick appropriate questions and solve them.
3) Don’t put too much emphasis on general knowledge as MAT exam is concerned, as GK is vast topic you can’t learn it in a course of 10-20 days instead of this put your effort in other sections of MAT like Math or English.
4) For Math, before appearing in the main exam keep your basic fundas clear. Solve Class 8th-10th NCERT Math’s book for this.
5) Increase you knowledge of working with fractions and reciprocal equivalents of numbers.
6) You should know all the squares, cubes and roots by heart as it’ll be of tremendous help while solving the questions
7) Working on the speed as well as accuracy is utmost priority when you’re thinking of clearing MAT.
8) Revision before exam is the most important tip that we can give. It is advisable to do proper revision and ALSO NOT TO STUDY ANYTHING NEW BEFORE EXAM NIGHT.
9) Always try solving the easiest question before and keep G.K. for the last. This will save your time.
WE WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR EXAMS!