This is the follow up article for yesterday’s post. You can read earlier post here.
If you master some of these principles, I am sure you will sail through your essay writing easily. Make sure you read it a couple of times and consciously practice it.
Don’t be under the impression that, after reading this you will become an Instant Master of Essay Writing overnight. If you believe that is going to happen, just close the browser and take a chill pill.
Now pay close attention to this
How to master essay writing ?
- Organize your ideas before starting to write.
- Start brainstorming, linking facts, examples and your reading and experiences.
- List your main idea, supporting ideas and facts.
- Write an essay in an elaborate way with the inflexion of ideas.
- Write the conclusion.
Steps for organizing
- How do you want to introduce the topic given ?
- What main points you want to cover in that essay ?
- What points you want to add to support your main idea ?
- What facts and examples you want to add your main idea ?
- Decide the order in which you want to put idea into an essay ?
- Once you are finished with the basic structure , ready to continue.
How to write the essay ?
Elaborate only the points listed for
How to write an introduction ?
- Attract reader’s attention ( study the way I write my headlines–you can take a lot of lessons from that, don’t write something outrageous to get attention.)
- Give an idea of the essay’s focus.
Attention grabbing intros
- Interesting facts
Just build around the idea, don’t deviate too much from introduction.
How to write body of an essay ?
Elaborate supporting ideas. If you have organized your thoughts you must have listed the supporting ideas. If you haven’t, first organize your supporting points and then elaborate supporting ideas.
How to conclude essay ?
- Recapitulation of the strongest points of your essay
- Restating the main idea in different words
- Personal suggestion, opinion or a plan of action
Don’t forget to edit it and recheck your essay before you submit.
Criterion for good essay
- Arrangement of material
- Grammar and Spelling
- Style and Organization
- Paragraph format
So these are some basic tips. If you want to get advanced essay writing strategies check out Kick-Butt Essay Writing
If you have GD/WAT/PI calls from any institute, then I have created this FREE Report so you don’t make any mistakes in your preparation, after you download this report, you will also get to know advanced strategies for cracking Personal Interview just as a bonus for signing up for this Report. Go ahead and claim it now.
Latest posts by Sukrut (see all)
- 10 Steps Towards Building a RESUME B-Schools would love - March 4, 2017
- How to Choose Right B-School without in(wasting) lot of money ? - August 22, 2015
- Aravindh P G Shares his CAT 2014 Success Story - June 7, 2015