When you start preparing for the interview, you will start preparing for some basic set of questions which will help you to build the foundation.
These are the few questions I have compiled from different areas in your life.
Commonly asked questions
1. Tell me something about yourself.
2. Tell me something that is not on your resume?
3. What was an experience in your life that you would want to go back and change?
B. Self Description
1. How would your friends describe you?
2. Describe yourself with a few words or a sentence.
1. What are your five to ten year career goals?
2. What are the attributes of an ideal job/profession for you ?
1. What are your core values ?
2. What is your biggest failure till date ?
3. Which is more important to you: money or the type of job/profession?
4. Who is your role model and why ?
II. Management / Leadership Style
1. What is leadership according to you ?
2. Tell me about a time when you successfully resolved a conflict.
3. Give me an example of a leadership role you have held when not everything went as planned.
4. What attributes are most important in your job/profession?
III. Strengths / Weaknesses and Skills
1. What are your strengths/ weakness?
2. Give me an example of something that you have done that shows initiative.
3. What makes you stand out among your fellow students?
4. Have you ever had any failures? What did you learn from them?
5. What kinds of tasks and responsibilities motivate you the most?
1. Why did you decide to do MBA?
2. Why this Institute ?
3. What made you decide to major in ____?
V. Extra Curriculars
1. What extra-curricular school activities are you involved in?
2. What have you learned from your activities?
3. What is your favorite book/movie/song/painting or author/actor/singer/artist?
4. Which magazines/newspapers do you read regularly? Which books have you read recently?
VI. Job / Company / Industry
1. What do you know about your company?
2. What do you predict is going to happen in this industry in the next 5 years?
3. Do you know who your competitors are?
4. What interests you most about this position? What parts of the job do you think you would find the least satisfying?
These are the questions which you should prepare before delving into some more profound questions.
Here are more resources for cracking PI
- CIA mindcontrol techniques
- Benjamin Franklin’s secret to crack PI
- Nerd getz Cheerleader secret to crack PI
- How to turn tables on interviewer
- Unsexy secrets to crack PI
- Typical interview questions and untypical answers
- Why not to impress interviewer ?
- How to screw up your chances in PI ?
Latest posts by Sukrut (see all)
- 10 Steps Towards Building a RESUME B-Schools would love - March 4, 2017
- How to Choose Right B-School without in(wasting) lot of money ? - August 22, 2015
- Aravindh P G Shares his CAT 2014 Success Story - June 7, 2015