There are may lies that has been proliferating amongst CAT aspirant. They are not only responsible for their poor score but also responsible for wasting a lot of their time.
This article will tell you more about these lies.
- If I study for more hours, I will get more percentile. (You don’t need massive action, you need minimum appropriate action.)
- If I give more mocks, I will get more percentile.( You need to analyze all of them baby, before you can think of giving next one)
- If I take weekday slot, I will make more percentile. ( Mental Masturbation, nothing more)
- I should complete the whole portion before I start giving full length mocks. ( It’s a vicious circle)
- Certain no. of days are required not to prepare for CAT. (Nobody ever completes the portion, it’s a myth which keeps you in the same place.)
- I should be expert in everything to get IIM calls. ( Example of Total Loserdom)
- If I attempt or solve the most difficult question , I will get a special reward from IIMs.( GPL , if you know what I mean)
- I should mug up all formulas because if I don’t remember any important formula at the time of the exam, I will screw up. ( Yes, that works in CMAT or other stupid entrance exams, not CAT)
- I need attempt all the questions in order to get more percentile.( Yes, but they should be correct )
- I need to scout all the forums in order to know/predict the type of questions, cut-off. ( Unless, you don’t have other productive things to do and ready to repeat CAT for next 5 years)
Latest posts by Sukrut (see all)
- 10 Steps Towards Building a RESUME B-Schools would love - March 4, 2017
- How to Choose Right B-School without in(wasting) lot of money ? - August 22, 2015
- Aravindh P G Shares his CAT 2014 Success Story - June 7, 2015